Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) are the total amount of mobile charged ions, including minerals, salts or metals dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in units of mg per unit volume of water (mg/L), also referred to as parts per million (ppm). TDS is directly related to the purity of water and the quality of water purification systems and affects everything that consumes, lives in, or uses water, whether organic or inorganic, whether for better or for worse.
Summary, TDS gives you a reference value what is dissolved in your water in the form of waste, minerals, liquid fertilizers, etc. Another crucial maintenance tool beside TDS meter especially for water monitoring. Most of the hobbyist will have at least one unit.
|Specifications||Measuring range: 0-9999ppm
Accuracy: +-2% ppm
|Packaging||1) TDS meter x1pc
2) Storage case x1pc
|Features||1) Ideal for commercial use. Includes a carrying case with belt clip.
2) Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology.
3) Hold Function: saves measurements for convenient reading and recording.
4) Auto-off function: the meter shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries.
5) Measurement Range: 0-9990 ppm. From 0-999 ppm, the resolution is in increments of 1ppm. From 1000 to 9990 ppm, the resolution is in increments of 10ppm, indicated by a blinking ‘x10’ image.
6) Built-in digital thermometer
|Instructions||1) Remove the pen’s cap, and turn on the “on/off” switch.
2) Dip the TDS pen into the test solution, the solution should not exceed 2cm height
3) Agitate pen in the solution until the reading is stable (2-6 seconds), TDS value will be displayed on the screen and press HOLD key to lock value.
4) Keep the pen head dry after using, wash with clean water and put back the pen cap.
Caution: Avoid TDS pen body immersion directly into water, avoid direct sunlight, away from heat, avoid the impact weight and fall.